Friday, April 13, 2012

Camera Trick (that you probably already knew!)

I was having trouble deciding on embellishments for a layout yesterday.  I was using the Stella paper pack from Close to my Heart, and using the Stickease that match the pack.  I just couldn't decide which version of my layout that I liked the best.

One of the great things about Stickease is that they come on a clear backing sheet.  Just cut the stickers apart, and you can "try" them out on your layout to make sure you're getting the effect you want.  Love that!

I had rearranged the Stickease about 4 times before I was struck by a lightning bolt idea - USE MY DIGITAL CAMERA to take photos of each version, then choose the one that I like the best! (slapping self on forehead - DUH!)

I know this isn't revolutionary, and I know I've read it somewhere before, but it just didn't stick in my head as an actual thing to do in that circumstance!  Silly me!

Here's the layout that I went with:



This little dog has been the BEST dog EVER.  I had to add a little tag from the Art Philosophy cartridge to the lower right corner that said so!

Lucy was adopted from the Cocheco Valley Humane Society in New Hampshire when she was about 4 months old.  That was 13 1/2 years ago!  She's a lovable mutt, part Lab and part Daschund.  We couldn't ask for a better companion to our children.  She is part of our family.  Who cares if she has horrible table manners, stinky breath and snores?  I'm always comforted to know that she's forever ready to defend us (she'll lick any intruder to pieces) and she'll chase a ball at a moment's notice.  She's getting up there in age, and is having a hard time with stairs now.  But her ears are as soft as when she was a puppy, and she has a heart of gold. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great idea. I would have never thought of doing it that way. Thanks for sharing it.

Brenda Price-CTMH said...

Great idea ! Thanks for sharing... I'm also a brand-spankin-new CTMH consultant- from Bowling Green, KY. I just received a forward from my upline about your success so far and so now you are my idol.. I hope you don't mind.. LOL I am currently struggling to get my blog up, but that's another story. I plan to email you when I get my thoughts together.. Just wanted to say "hi" and much success to you !

Post a Comment