Friday, May 4, 2012

Have You Seen Florentine?



I love pretty paper.  Well, obviously!  Anyway, I really like this bitty floral paper in the Florentine paper pack (X7153B).  I loved that it brought out the golden tones of the cardboard box in this photo!  This impromtu picture was taken when we went to visit my daughter at her new house.  Her goofy dog crawled into a cardboard box, then the kids crawled into the box with her!  You can see my daughter's sneakers on the corners of the box - she was the one taking the photo.  It's a funny picture, but I love it!

I decided to use the bitty floral Florentine paper it as a mat for the photo, and used my Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge to cut an 11" scalloped circle.  I used 1/4 of the scalloped circle in the corner of a sheet of Twilight cardstock, inked the edges of everything with Cocoa and threw on some lace and buttons from the Bohemian Assortment (Z1687).  I think I added some vintage buttons as well.  I cut the journal tag by hand, then stamped it with Goldenrod Exclusive Ink, using a background stamp from the Florentine WOTG stamp set.  The sentiment/title is from the same set.

This whole layout came about because I wanted to try the flowers from the Pemberley WOTG layout.  These are cut from a sheet of Creme Brulee paper, various sizes from 1 3/4 to 1" using the Art Philosphy cartridge (what else have I used in the past few months??)  After cutting, I used Goldrush Exclusive Ink to stamp a the large flower from the Pemberley WOTG kit directly in the center.  I love to mix and match between the sets, and using the colors from the packet helps everything coordinate beautifully!



I inked the edges of the flowers with Cocoa ink, then added dimension to them by pressing the rounded bottom end of a sharpie marker tube - with the marker closed! - into the center of the flower.  I put a piece of rubber foam from my mousepad (remember those?) underneath the flowers for a cushion while I did this.

The leaves are stamped with Olive ink and are from the Just for You stamp set (B1398).  Mix and match!!

Glue the flower parts together with Liquid Glass, and place on your layout.  I used Liquid Glass as the adhesive for all of the bulky items like lace and buttons on this page as well.  It's become my go-to adhesive, especially since the tip of the bottle is so small, it allows me to be very precise when applying adhesive to small areas.  Love it!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment