Wednesday, June 13, 2012

June Beachy Layout Workshop

Sand, sun, surf....I love North Carolina, I really do!  I have tons of photos from the beaches here, and also waterparks, lakes, pools and kids' water play.  I was so thrilled to see the Footloose Paper Pack!  I just love the sunny yellows (creme brulee) and the deep ocean blue (lagoon). 
This month, we'll work on a fun Layout that you can customize.  I really like layouts that use 4x6 photos, since I don't need to crop my photos I can save time.  So, there's only one photo that's been cropped to 3 1/2 by 5.  You can always make the background shape a little taller to accommodate a 4x6 photo, though.

I really LOVE how this layout came out!  I've found 3 sets of photos to use with it, so I'll have to make a few more of these!  Fortunately, the whole thing takes just 4 1/2 sheets of cardstock, some twine and 4 of the Milepost stars.  You could certainly just use Cricut sealife shapes with it, or even use the Footloose Complements for a different look.  You can also turn the right side layout 90 degrees to accommodate 2 horizontal and one vertical photo as well.


I used 2 sheets of White Daisy for the backgrounds, and a single sheet of B&T for the patterned pieces.  I love the sun on the Footloose B&T paper, so I cut it out at 7" across and 8" down.  That left me with a piece for the right-side of the layout, which I trimmed 1/2" off lengthwise.  I then cut 3/4" off the bottom to make the photo mat on the right side.  I used that 3/4" to fill in above the piece on the left side to make a photo mat for the horizontal pic.

I cut one 12x12 piece of Lagoon cardstock to 6 1/2 by 11 1/4 for the other mat piece on the right.

The star and hemp twine embellishment is cut from a piece of Creme Brulee cardstock.  I used only 1/2 sheet of 8 1/2 by 11 Creme Brulee cardstock.  Cut the 8 1/2 by 11 in half, leaving 2 pieces of 4 1/4" by 11.  Cut this into 3 pieces - 1 1/2", 3" and 4".  (You'll have a scrap leftover).

For the Lagoon AP shape on the left, I used the Card shape on p. 58 cut at 6 1/4".  I used my Gypsy to remove the score marks, but you could do this in Cricut Craft Room as well.  You could also just cut it on your Cricut and ignore the marks. 

No Cricut?  Cut this mat at 4 1/4" by 6 1/4". 

There's a few ways to play with this one - here, I've used the Digital photo prints from Snapfish (theyr'e 4" by 5.3").  I changed the embellishment from stars to using a piece of the Zipstrip.  Not perfect, it needs to have the photos cropped, and it needs another piece of Creme Brulee on the right side between the photo and the journaling block.  It shows the versatility of this layout:

The cute girl in this photo is my lovely daughter.  These were taken at Great Wolf Lodge in Charlotte during our end of year Girl Scout trip.  Those girls had a BALL!

The title will be cut at the workshop, and will be done in Lagoon, then arranged over the Sun on the left side.  The Journaling block could also be changed to showcase a small photo.  Lots of possibilities with this layout!

Have fun - and don't forget the sunscreen!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment